Summerhays Murray String Repair Techs
Christian Rapp, Melissa Collins, & Tom Zheng
Contact String Repair:
Includes complete disassembly of the instrument, clean and polish and then reassembly with existing parts to the best industry standards possible. Strings are replaced as needed. Pegs are adjusted to move smoothly in the peg box. A final bridge and sound post adjustment assures that the instrument is performing to optimum capacity.
Competent luthiers at Summerhays Music offer services from simple repair to complex restoration. As each instrument is different and each playing situation unequal to others, we happily offer free consultation to determine each client's needs. A menu of services offered include:
- String replacement, one at a time or all at once.
- Bridge work, new fitting or reshaping of existing bridge.
- Crack repair and body work including restoration of damaged corners, smoothing of damaged edges, simple or complex (top-off) crack repair, varnish repair and color matching, seam separations and wing cracks.
- Pegs and peg box work, refitting pegs and precision reaming of peg holes, peg box crack repair and re-bushing of peg holes.
- Sound post work, new fitting, re-shaping and/or re-setting of existing sound post.
- Fingerboard, nut and saddle work to shape, smooth, dress and glue each in place.
Bow Rehair Service
Summerhays Music offers bow rehair sevices for violin, viola, cello and bass. Bow rehairs are done with top quality Mongolian or Siberian horsehair. We offer student or professional level options in white, black or salt and pepper.