The cello represents the tenor voice of the string family and is generally played in the bass clef. Tuned a full octave lower than the viola, the cello produces deep lower registers and subdued higher tones. The cello is supported on the floor by an endpin and played in a sitting position. Cellos are also available in other sizes, ranging from 1/10 to 4/4 and are available in different body shapes including Montagnana, Stradivari, Gorfriller, etc.
This fully hand-carved Yamaha cello boasts a spruce top and maple neck, back, and sides, all seasoned and aged for 5 or more years.
- Top: Solid hand-carved spruce
- Back: Solid hand-carved maple
- Finish: Oil varnish, hand-applied
- Setup: Professional adjustment to meet and exceed MENC standars
- Comes in sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Wittner with integrated tuners
- Bridge: Aubert
- Pegs: Rosewood
- Strings: D’Addario Prelude
- Warranty: Yamaha 5-year warranty covers any workmanship issues toward the instrument, bow and case
EASTMAN GALIANO 1
This hand carved Eastman cello is sold exclusively by Summerhays Music.
- Solid European wood top
- Exotic wood laminate back and side
- Includes soft carrying case and fiberglass bow
STEP UP CELLOS
- German made cello with European wood
- Constructed using tone woods that are hand-selected with slightly flamed maple and spruce aged at least 6 – 8 years
- Hand-graduated and precisely made according to traditional German violin making techniques to produce the best tonal results
- All instruments are individually varnished and shaded
- The tone is rich while maintaining the clarity and focused sound desired by the progressing student.
- Beautiful reddish oil varnish
- Deep and resonant tone
- Fully hand-carved
- Excellent Cello for the professional player
- Meticulously hand-carved
- Premium spruce top and highly flamed maple back, ribs, and scroll
- Hand carved ebony fittings
- Beautiful hand-applied antiqued amber finish
- Spirocore / Larsen Strings
- Available only at Summerhays Music!
CHACONNE BY PANETTO STRINGS
- Fully Hand Carved cello with aged maple and spruce
- Hand varnished with beautiful antiquing
- Otto tailpiece or ebony tailpiece with Parisian eye inlay
- Best quality per dollar for an intermediate cello!