All requests for donations, contributions, or sponsorships must be submitted through our website.
Because of the volume of important and worthy music education programs and the nature of budget limitations, we have formed a committee to carefully evaluate each request. We can only consider requests for music education.
Requests are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Value to the music education community
- How many students and musicians benefit
- Must be a public or charter school, or qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and offer music education.
Summerhays Music supports our community and music education by hosting events throughout the year, such as:
- Master Musician Clinics
- Support School Music Contest
- Free Musical Instrument Petting Zoos (SLC Arts Festival & Abravanel Hall)
- Choir Rockstars for a Day Contest
- Make-A Wish Foundation Fundraiser
FREE Musical Instrument Petting Zoos at the SLC Arts Festival and Abravanel Hall give kids an opportunity to try out different instruments to see which one they would like to start playing.
Master Musician Clinics are held in our stores and schools periodically through out the year. These clinics not only promote music education, they provide hands-on instruction from expert musicians to kids and adults. We bring in top artists such as Saxophonist Eric Darius and Fiddler Patrick Clark.
Contests and promotions benefit schools. One favorite of students is the "Support School Music Contest" on Facebook. The school with the most votes wins $1000 for their band or orchestra program. Wasatch Jr. High is pictured above. Congratulations! Also this year we have a special contest; one lucky High School Choir will get to sing on stage with Foreigner!